Effective Date: October 1, 2020
Brent Sopel Foundation (“us,” “we,” or “our”) operates the https://www.brentsopelfoundation.org/ website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
- 3.1. “Personal Data”:
- (i) We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to the Service, such as when you register for access to the Service as an Account Holder, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, or use certain services. The Personal Data we may collect includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, phone number , and other personally identifiable information. In some cases, we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. In addition, if you use our payment processing services, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., your taxpayer identification number).
- 3.2. Non-Personal Data:
- (i). Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with the Service, we collect certain personally non-identifiable information ("Non-Personal Data"). The Non-Personal Data we collect includes, without limitation, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, internet browser type, other characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Service, the time of your usage and aggregated Personal Data that cannot be used to specifically identify you. We will use this information to monitor and prevent fraud, diagnose problems, and (anonymously) estimate demographic information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION
- (i). Specific Reason: If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
- (ii). Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Service or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Service or functionality and to monitor your use of the Service or functionality. For instance, if you supply payment information (e.g., bank account or credit card information) to the Service for donating or processing payments as a Supporter or as an Account Holder, we will use that information to facilitate such purchase or process such payments.
- (iii). Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Service, to better understand our Users, to improve the Service, to protect against fraud, identity or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of the Service, to manage your Account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Service and our business.
- (iv). Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future for our marketing and advertising purposes, including without limitation to inform you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on or off the Service that we believe might be of relevance to you.
- 4.2. Non-Personal Data:
- (i). Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose
5. NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- 5.1. Personal Data:
- (i). The Service does not share any Personal Data with any nonaffiliated third parties, including third-party advertisers.
- 5.2. Non-Personal Data:
- (i). Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may disclose, transfer or share Non-Personal Data for any lawful purpose.
- 6.1. The Service uses a technology called “cookies.” A “cookie” is a piece of information that is placed on your browser when you access the Service. Cookies help (anonymously) recognize you as a repeat visitor and to track traffic patterns on our Site. We may combine non-personally identifiable information collected through cookies with other Personal Data that we have about you, for example, to tell us who you are or whether you have an account. We may also supplement the information we collect from you with information received from third parties to enhance our Services, Account Holder Data, or to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. Through your web browser's option settings, you have the choice to:
- (i). receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies;
- (ii). disable cookies;
- (iii). delete cookies.
- 6.2. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the features of the Service.